Sunday, 14 February 2016

Finding Love in Unlikely Places

It's Valentine's Day, and it seems like these two words will either make you smile or hiss like a snake, from what I've observed. But I don't really do much to celebrate it myself (beyond swapping cards with my husband), even though I'm a fan of the ol' romance stories.

I realised recently that some of my favourite literary romances are those you find in other genres, where the romance isn't the main storyline. With that in mind, I thought I'd share a few!


I will never not feel a little bit weird about this one, but Gemma and Ty in Lucy Christopher's STOLEN, about a young man who kidnaps a teenage girl and holds her captive in the Australian outback - GAH! The FEELS...they are both strong and weird.








Speaking of weird... there's an amazing step-sibling romance in THE ACCIDENT SEASON by Moira Fowley-Doyle. You should pick it up for the wonderful, lyrical writing, and the disturbing (in the best possible way) plot, but trust me - you'll stay for the romance.








Lisa McMann's CRASH (book 1 in her VISIONS series) has a delicious star-crossed lovers romance between Jules and Sawyer, whose families have been feuding since they were little. Add in the psychic visions that provide clues to how nine body bags will end up lying in the snow outside Sawyer's family restaurant, and I was hooked.








I also have some books in my TBR that I've rushed to buy because people were raving over the romance element in them. These are they:

THE WINNER'S CURSE by Marie Rutkowski

A COURT OF THORNS AND ROSES by Sarah J Maas

LOOKING FOR ALIBRANDI by Melina Marchetta

THESE BROKEN STARS by Aimee Kaufman and Meagan Spooner

REBEL OF THE SANDS by Alwyn Hamilton

Have you read any of these? Any advice for which to read first??

Kat out x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Commenting is for winners.