Wednesday, 28 October 2015

Out and about this Halloween

I went to see the band Nothing But Thieves last week, and they were amazing. They've been on my radar since their debut single 'Ban all the music' was released, and I snapped up tickets to go and see them in a tiny venue in Manchester when they came up. It was the first stop on their tour, I believe, and the singer seemed so genuinely pleased to have sold out the venue, it made me like them even more. Seemed like the sort of chap you could have a pleasant drink with, you know? Anyway, here's a really cool song they did for Radio 1's Live Lounge a while back.



Being in a Halloween frame of mind, I went to see Crimson Peak the other day. Visually, it was gorgeous - great sets, amazing costumes - and I enjoyed it, with a few reservations. I won't say anything spoilery, and if you see it and love it, then great.

On the writing side of things, I finished my copyedits sliiiiightly early, so decided to squeeze in a little writing outside of the stuff I'm actually supposed to be working on (next-next book and next-next-next book, yikes...) and whipped up a short story for Simon P Clark's annual 1031 Story Challenge. It's a creepy oldy Welshy witchy thing, and it's called MOON SEASON. You can check that out here, if you like, and follow the hashtag #1031Story on Twitter.

For All Hallows Eve, I and my authorly coven sisters, Dawn Kurtagich (THE DEAD HOUSE) and Tatum Flynn (THE D'EVIL DIARIES) will be ensorcelling our way onto Serendipity Viv's blog with some wicked fun stuff for the 'Ween. Do check it out later this week.

And finally, another band I'm absolutely smitten with at the moment is Nathaniel Rateliff and the Night Sweats. I heard them on Jools Holland a few weeks ago, and they're keeping me company (in audio form, at least) as I work on revising the next manuscript. Here's a belting track from their new album.


Kat out x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Commenting is for winners.