Tuesday, 21 July 2015

YALC Wrap-up!

That was QUITE a hectic weekend! When I say 'hectic', I of course mean fabulous, but with tired, achy feet. YALC 2015 was a roaring success, with loads of amazing panels and workshops and free sweets in the green room (shh, that's probably meant to be a secret!) and author signings a-plenty.

As I'm meant to be thigh-deep wading through the editing swamp, I'll limit my ravings to a few bullet points of My Favourite Things from the Con:


  • Getting lost immediately when I arrived in London, looking up and spotting author Tatum Flynn sipping prosecco on a balcony (as you do).
  • Watching Dawn Kurtagich talk horror at the first panel of the con, and being glamorous AF with her senorita fan and platform sneaks.
  • Joining my amazing agent Molly Ker Hawn to talk in the Agents' Arena about how agents and authors work together, and getting lots of smart, interesting questions from the folks who attended. 
  • Checking out Firefly Press's fabulous stand, and signing quite a few copies of BLACKFIN SKY!
  • Meeting fellow Molly-clients Simon P. Clark (EREN) and Alwyn Hamilton (REBEL OF THE SANDS).
  • Seeing all the cosplayers (though I was devastated not to spot Hayley Atwell or Sigourney Weaver, sob!)
  • Catching up with friends old and new, and meeting lots of twitter pals and bloggers and writers for the first time. Y'all know who you are. *MWAH*

Here are some snaps from the weekend...

Molly Ker Hawn & me talking agenty-authory stuff:


THE DEAD HOUSE, before it sold out; Dawn Kurtagich, making herself at home onstage; Casual Sith. 



    

Me with Janet Thomas from Firefly Press, and BLACKFIN SKY on the wall of books & on the Firefly Press stand!
 


 
With Moira Fowley-Doyle, and with Frances Hardinge, getting books signed.

 

Dawn, me & Hayley Long (whom I've waited to meet for AGES and she is AWESOME.)



L-R below: Me, Tatum Flynn, Marieke Nijkamp, Sarah Benwell, Lucinda Murray, Luna (of the Little Library), E M Castellan, Dawn Kurtagich. Photo belongs to Tatum Flynn, but I nicked it off twitter.





4 comments:

  1. Yay, it looks like you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha - I love the "of the" in my title. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aaaaand another photo in which I look mad. Awesome straight back at you and doubled, Kat cariad x

    ReplyDelete

Commenting is for winners.