Monday, 6 July 2015

YALC and celebrations and cake

Hello! I figured it was time to emerge from my (sweaty) editing cave to give an update on the ol' blog.

A couple of weeks ago, Firefly Press celebrated their first birthday -- a whole year of publishing great YA and children's books! They invited all their authors and other fab peoples from the world of books to mark the occasion down in Cardiff. I went and met/caught up with a ton of wonderful people, and ate some pretty excellent Chinese food. Also, cake.

The Firefly Press crew
Next week, I'm heading down to London for YALC (Young Adult Lit Con, 17-19 July) which is being held within London Film and Comic Con. I will be doing an agent-author talk at 2:30pm on the Saturday with my agent, Molly Ker Hawn, followed by a signing of BLACKFIN SKY at 4:15pm. I'm also really looking forward to attending loads of the talks and workshops, especially the horror event on the Friday, which my pal Dawn Kurtagich is taking part in. There will be photos!

I have also seen the first draft of the cover for my next book, and it is WONDERFUL. I mean, I love it. For realsies. And I can't wait for it to be finalised so I can show the world how pretty it is.

I've started listening to audiobooks while I'm out and about (this is about the only way I can try to gain any ground with my teetering TBR), and have gone through 3 in the last couple of weeks which I absolutely loved. If you're looking for great audiobooks to listen to, I highly recommend READY PLAYER ONE by Ernest Cline (read by the amazing Wil Wheaton!), EVE & ADAM by Michael Grant & Katherine Applegate, and BRUISER by Neal Shusterman. Next on my list is THE DIVINERS by Libba Bray.

As for my non-writing life, I've been taking some time away from the cave to go on a few adventures. Here are some pics taken from my Instagram account (feel free to follow me there, if you are so inclined!):


A photo posted by Kat Ellis (@katelliswrites) on


A photo posted by Kat Ellis (@katelliswrites) on

A photo posted by Kat Ellis (@katelliswrites) on

Kat out x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Commenting is for winners.