Wednesday, 22 April 2015

Going on retreat, editing, and some handy links

First (and second) part: I went on retreat earlier this month with 5 brilliant authors - Dawn Kurtagich (who masterminded the whole thing), Tatum Flynn, Victoria Schwab, Isabel Sterling, and David Purse. My goal, as stated in front of the others on the first night in our wicked apartment filled with armour and stuffed animals, was to finish a round of edits on my current manuscript. I got a fair bit done, but not a full round; although I did have a lot of ice cream, played jenga, and drove my car onto a beach, so if you take all things into consideration, it was a productive week. More importantly, it was a lot of fun.

Dawn very cleverly put together a video of our adventures, which you can check out here if you're so inclined.



The handy links part: I've taken part in a couple of interviews and guest blogs recently, and you can use these clicky things to check them out:

Where the Ideas Flow (a sneak peek into my writing space) on Serendipity Reviews

Welsh Week Interview on Librarian Lavender

My Top 10 UKYA Books on the UKYA site (I've tried to include some under-the-radar reads in this list, so it isn't just the same old faves trotted out for the zillionth time)

Also coming up in a couple of days is a guest post on Miss Print's site for 'Poetically Speaking' - a blog series to celebrate Poetry Month - in which I talk about Ted Hughes' The Thought Fox. In the meantime, there are already loads of fantastic poetry-themed posts there just waiting for you to have a gander... CLICK TO SEE THE AWESOMENESS

OK, I think that's all I have for you at the moment. Better get back to kicking this manuscript around the room like a thug.

Kat out x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Commenting is for winners.