Tuesday, 11 November 2014

Week Two in the Nanohouse, and author Kat is barely clinging to sanity...

You may have heard me mention the fleece poncho (on several occasions, actually) but it has become my weapon of choice, if you will, for surviving the wilds of Nanowrimo. I've been wearing it for the last three days, and let me tell you, fleece is not the best at staying fresh. Don't you wish you were within smell-range of me now? DON'T YOU???

This photo is from last year, btw. I don't have my Christmas
decorations up yet because that would be INSANE.
Yeah. Anyway, Nanowrimo is going well, and as of now, I've written over 17,000 words this month. Not too shabby, if I say so myself. I'm aiming to write at least 2k every day this week, which should get me well ahead of the target.

Other cool things going on this week:

1. I won a signed copy of Amanda Maciel's awesome-looking TEASE, in which a girl is prosecuted for bullying which may or may not have led to another girl's suicide. You can check it out on Goodreads here. Sounds gripping, and I'm looking forward to reading this bad boy a lot.


2. Today (Tuesday) is my birthday! HOORAY! And my good friend Jani Grey (who is awesome and lovely) sent me these cool things in the mail:

 

Neal Shusterman's UNWIND is one of my all-time fave books,
so I'm well chuffed to finally have the last book in the series!

I love birthdays. They are ACE.

For now...

Kat out x

2 comments:

Commenting is for winners.