Friday, 13 September 2013

Flash Friday: FLASH SNAPS

FLASH FRIDAY
I decided to take a slightly different approach to Flash Friday this month, a) because I haven't felt inspired to write a new flash piece, and b) because I've been gallivanting around the North Wales countryside this week taking photos...so my 'flash' is a little more literal! I wrote a post a few weeks ago about using images as inspiration for writing, so I thought I'd showcase a few photographs I've taken this week which I already plan to use for the writing projects I have coming up in the near future.

If you've taken a look at the blurb for my book, BLACKFIN SKY, you'll know that the pier in Blackfin is a pretty major feature of the novel. This is a bigger version of what I wrote about, but as it's 20 minutes from my house, it probably sowed the seed!


I'm going to be working on an outline for a new MS this week, and this image is one which has inspired the plot a little bit...SECRET CAVE FTW.


Aaaaaannnd, my next-but-one MS, which is going to be a historical fantasy, might just have a scene set in this room...


A bit Downton, isn't it??

Anyway, they're some photos I've snapped on my travels this week. Hope you liked them!


Do you use images to inspire your writing projects? 


2 comments:

  1. These are great! Historical fantasy??? :D Can't wait!!

    *channeling cookie monster* KAT WRITING KAT WRITING GIMME!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And yes, I have a very creepy and strange historical in mind (not that all my stories aren't creepy and strange of course). :D

      Delete

Commenting is for winners.