Wednesday, 10 July 2013

MY BOOK DEAL NEWS

I am so absolutely over the moon to be able to share my fantastic news with you guys - my novel, BLACKFIN SKY, has sold for UK/Commonwealth publication to Firefly Press!

Firefly are a brand new publishing house, and I'm honoured and so, so excited that my book will be their "flagship" YA publication in 2014! Here is the description of my novel from the press release Firefly Press issued today:

Young adult thriller, Blackfin Sky, by Rhyl-based debut novelist Kat Ellis, sees Skylar Rousseau drown off Blackfin Pier on her sixteenth birthday. She is mourned by her whole town, only to reappear at school three months later as if nothing had happened…

And another bit from the release *ahem*...
“We are thrilled to be launching with such an exciting and wide-ranging list,” said Firefly publisher Penny Thomas. 
Blackfin Sky is an amazing tale and Kat Ellis a real find and we are delighted to be publishing her debut novel as one of our launch titles.”

And here's the announcement on The Bent Agency's blog!


Roll on 2014!!!

Until then...COME DANCE WITH ME!!!



And I now have my very own author page on The Bent Agency's website. YAY!

**Special thanks to Jani Grey for the most epic of gifs!

UPDATE: My marvellous agent Molly Ker Hawn just sent me this announcement from Publishers Marketplace, so of course I had to share!


24 comments:

  1. Best use of a dance GIF ever!!! CONGRATS!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kat! This is so awesome! Congrats!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, congratulations! So awesome :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yaaaaaay!!! So excited for you, Kat!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Omg, is that the same guy in the Comme Un Enfant freaks remix??

    A Huge congratulations on the book deal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, I'm not sure to be honest...

      And thank you!!

      Delete
  7. Congratulations, that's fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks, you guys! You're the BEST!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. To join the crowd: Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gah!!!! I'm so happy for you!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMGOMGOMG, KAAAAAAAT! I was traveling yesterday and missed this! I am SO PSYCHED for you and for this book! Can't WAIT for it!!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations! Super exciting news, and your story sounds fantastic. I'll look forward to reading it in 2014!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am soooo happy for you, Kat! Such inspiring and wonderful news! Yay! Couldn't have happened to a better person!

    ReplyDelete

Commenting is for winners.