Thursday, 20 June 2013

The Playlist: BREAK UP, GET MAD

THE PLAYLIST
Music to inspire you when writing
different kinds of scenes
For this playlist post, I'm offering up some tracks for when your MC has just gone through the mother of all break ups...and is mad as hell about it. It wasn't their fault, their ex is a douche, and the whole world needs to know how freaking ANGRY they are! 

Got different tunes you write this kind of scene to? Let me know in the comments and I'll add them to the playlist.



8 comments:

  1. Bet You Wish You Had Me Back - Halestorm

    Or, if you're far enough away from the break up, It's Not You - Halestorm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was JUST about to type "It's Not You"!! :P
      I'm finding one...I will win!

      Delete
    2. Well, since it already has two votes...

      I've added both to the playlist. Thanks!!

      Delete
  2. I love using "Funhouse" by Pink for something like this - upbeat but angry - lots of fun to write to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eamon - F*** It (I Don't Want You Back)
    Three Days Grace - I Hate Everything About You
    Five Finger Death Punch - Under And Over It
    Cee Lo Green - ‘Forget You’
    Staind - Take it
    Staind - Just Go
    Staind - Mudshovel
    And I seem to remember Staind's album Chapter V having some gems...
    Evanescence - Going Under
    " - My Immortal
    " - Taking Over Me
    Pink - Just Like a Pill
    Paramore - Misery Business
    Soil - Deny Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you DEFINITELY win with this list! You are ACE :D

      All added!

      Delete
    2. Haha, I took a few trips down memory lane here... went through music on my computer, in the stack of CDs, and what I could remember on youtube...
      I think some of the best ones aren't in my head anymore, since I may have played them so house-shaking loud, I got amnesia... :)
      Good Luck!

      Delete

Commenting is for winners.