Monday, 31 December 2012

TMI Monday - Resolutions

Welcome to the final TMI Monday of 2012, in which I make 6 writing resolutions for 2013.


  • I will finish writing TRANSPARENCIES and at least 2 other manuscripts. I have one story simmering away in the back of my brain (it's been percolating for a while now), so I hope that will be the next one. Of course this depends on things. And stuff. But either way, 3 MSs WILL BE COMPLETED.
  • I'm going to stop taking on extra beta reading/projects when I don't have time to do them. I feel like I've upset a few people this year because they've asked me to read their manuscripts and I've taken ages about it (there are 4 I have yet to read and I've had them for MONTHS) but this is because I just haven't had time, not because I'm not really excited to read them. So there it is: I feel bad, they feel bad. And it will stop in 2013 - I will just say "I'm sorry, I don't have time right now, but I'll let you know as soon as I can!" Clean slate time, yo.
  • I will go to a writing con - hopefully World Fantasy Con in Brighton in October. Awkward Kat time, here we come!
  • I'm going to read more YA sci-fi (because that's where my heart lies) and broaden my reading horizons: I'm talking YA contemp, historical, thriller, mystery. These aren't my usual groove, but I do believe that being a well-rounded reader will make me a better writer.
  • I'm going to blog less frequently, but make what I blog about better, more relevant and not what's been written about a billion times before. Quality over quantity (I hope).
  • Lastly, and most importantly, I'm going to be the best CP I can possibly be to my awesome CP group, and I hope to continue making new writer friends and exchanging words and experiences with the brilliant writing community on twitter. In other words, I will continue to tweet like a nutter, swoon over my awesome CPs' manuscripts and go Darth Kat with my editorial lightsaber.
What resolutions are you making for your writing in 2013? 

10 comments:

  1. Woohoo. Those are some great resolutions. You'll rock them all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Halfbrain! I'm relying on you to hold me to them. <3

      Delete
  2. I share a few of these same goals with you. Particularly the goal to read more. This year I was so absorbed with writing that I didn't get to hide under the covers with as many good books as I'd have liked. But I just finished DAYS OF BLOOD & STARLIGHT and it reminded how wonderful the feeling of falling in love with a book is. *starry-eyed*

    Looking forward to 2013 and watching you tweet like a nutter! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, I haven't read that yet! *Adds it to TBR list*

      Hope you have a wonderful new year, Jeanmarie! <3

      Delete
  3. I thought I was already following your blog, but apparently I wasn't. Remedied!
    Good goals. I have so much out of my control this year with my writing that I'm not making too many resolutions around it. Just be the best author I can be for my editor, I suppose. And I want to read more memoirs and biographies this year - I've read tons of YA the past 2 and want to switch it up a bit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for following, Jaye! It sounds like your year is going to be super-busy, and those are great resolutions to make. I must admit, I never read memoirs or biographies - please let me know if you have any recommendations, I'm always adding to my TBR :)

      Delete
  4. Your 2013 is going to rock, I know it! <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Going to a writing con sounds like a good goal to have :) Good luck with everything!

    ReplyDelete

Commenting is for winners.