- I will finish writing TRANSPARENCIES and at least 2 other manuscripts. I have one story simmering away in the back of my brain (it's been percolating for a while now), so I hope that will be the next one. Of course this depends on things. And stuff. But either way, 3 MSs WILL BE COMPLETED.
- I'm going to stop taking on extra beta reading/projects when I don't have time to do them. I feel like I've upset a few people this year because they've asked me to read their manuscripts and I've taken ages about it (there are 4 I have yet to read and I've had them for MONTHS) but this is because I just haven't had time, not because I'm not really excited to read them. So there it is: I feel bad, they feel bad. And it will stop in 2013 - I will just say "I'm sorry, I don't have time right now, but I'll let you know as soon as I can!" Clean slate time, yo.
- I will go to a writing con - hopefully World Fantasy Con in Brighton in October. Awkward Kat time, here we come!
- I'm going to read more YA sci-fi (because that's where my heart lies) and broaden my reading horizons: I'm talking YA contemp, historical, thriller, mystery. These aren't my usual groove, but I do believe that being a well-rounded reader will make me a better writer.
- I'm going to blog less frequently, but make what I blog about better, more relevant and not what's been written about a billion times before. Quality over quantity (I hope).
- Lastly, and most importantly, I'm going to be the best CP I can possibly be to my awesome CP group, and I hope to continue making new writer friends and exchanging words and experiences with the brilliant writing community on twitter. In other words, I will continue to tweet like a nutter, swoon over my awesome CPs' manuscripts and go Darth Kat with my editorial lightsaber.
What resolutions are you making for your writing in 2013?