After a slight hiatus from TMI Monday while Hook, Line & Sinker was in full swing, TMI returns with a twist! Thanks to Emilyann Girdner for tagging me with a Liebster Award. This means I have 11 questions to answer - which I shall do forthwith!
1. What is your favorite song?
What it is to Burn by Finch. Forever.
2. Cats or Dogs? Why?
Cats. I always had cats growing up, and I have my own agent of evil, Pilot the Cat, right now. I love that cats are so independent, and I never have to pick up Pilot's poo. He's very considerate that way.
3. What is your favorite book from childhood?
Pretty much everything by Roald Dahl. I remember saving up my pocket money to buy The Minpins in hardback when it first came out, and I still have that book now.
4. If you had to pick a different occupation, what would it be?
Well, I kind of already have, since I have a day job. I work in communications, which is basically a bit of IT, some editorial work, and a little PR.
5. Do you have a favorite flower?
I'm very fond of gladioli. And stock. And freesias. And roses. Basically anything that's pretty, and more so if it smells nice.
6. Mac or PC?
I work on a netbook most of the time. I've never used a Mac.
7. Who would you pick if you had the opportunity to interview a historical figure?
It would either be Jim Morrison or Oscar Wilde, and purely because I think they'd be entertaining. I'm not really into politics, so an opportunity to interview someone of that ilk would be wasted on me.
8. Do you believe in love at first sight?
No. I believe in making a really good first impression and building on that, but saying you love someone instantly makes as much sense as saying you love living in Poland if you've never been there.
9. What is your favorite genre of book and why?
I love light YA SF and fantasy, which is what I write. I don't find epic fantasy easy to connect with, and I really have to be in the mood for contemporary or historical.
10. What are you most proud of in life?
I think the fact that I'm making progress with my writing, and taking steps towards becoming a published author, are probably what I'm most proud of in that area of my life.
11. What obstacle has been the toughest for you to overcome in your life?
My own propensity for faffing about. I am a magnificent procrastinator, and can magic up endless ways to distract myself from what I'm meant to be doing.
So now I'm meant to tag 11 other bloggers with fewer than 200 followers to answer 11 questions of my own making...but I'll just leave this as an open tag for anyone who would like to take part. Here are your questions:
1. What's your most interesting party trick?
2. Star Trek or Star Wars?
3. Which main character from a novel do you most identify with, and why?
4. What has changed for you in the last year?
5. If money was suddenly no object, what would be the first thing you would do?
6. What is your all time favourite film?
7. If you were put into the Hunger Games arena, what would your specialist skill be?
8. Would you rather have a miniature pony or a helper monkey?
9. What is your zombie apocalypse escape plan?
10. If you had to sing one song in front of the X Factor panel, what would it be?
11. What will your costume be this Halloween?