Monday, 10 September 2012

TMI Monday - Contests, Middle Earth and White-Noise-Level Excitement



This week has been a bit hectic. Thanks for agreeing to take 6 things straight out of my brain (what do you mean you didn't agree to this..?)





  1. I'm so, so excited that I'll be running a brand new contest with my pals Summer Heacock (@fizzygrrl) and Deanna Romito (@writeforapples) in a few weeks' time. You may have noticed the little fisher dude button in the right pane - this is just a prelude. A PRELUDE, I SAY. 'Twill be massively fun, has a great twist on the usual pitch-to-an-agent contest format, and there will be more details forthcoming very soon.
  2. Next year, I'm hoping to attend World Fantasy Con in Brighton. I mention this now as I've been stalking the site, watching great authors sign up to attend and sit on panels, and I look at the list and think, "I might be on that soon." Very much an EEEEP moment for me! I haven't been to a real writing con before (except for an open-to-all affair at the beginning of London Book Week a couple of years ago), and it just feels crazy to think that I'll be attending one as an agented author. *Happy dance.*
  3. Because E has signed us up for Netflix again, we've been watching a few zomcoms of late. Check out Doghouse, Zombieland and Idle Hands if you fancy a decent zomcom (or are bored).
  4. I fell out of bed this week for the first time since I was a kid. It was caused by a middle ear thing (SO nearly typed "middle earth thing", which would have been infinitely more interesting and surprising), but I still felt absolutely ridiculous and did the obligatory check that nobody's watching and/or filming glance around the room. Proud moment.
  5. This autumn is shaping up to be a pretty exciting time all 'round. Not only is there the Hook, Line & Sinker contest coming up (as mentioned in #1) but I have my Big Florida Adventure coming up, and my novel, PURGE, will be going out on submission at the end of September. I know this is a time when normal, sane people start to freak out, but I don't seem to be able to get past the point of being thoroughly, white-noise-level excited. More on this in a separate post, I think...
  6. TRANSPARENCIES is coming along nicely, and I'm about halfway through the first draft now. This is a recent addition to my WIP playlist:

Questions, comments, requests for the meaning of life etc. are welcome in the comments box. 

4 comments:

  1. Ohhh, I love contests. And Florida??? Well that's just one tiny state away... Are you flying through Atlanta, Ga.? (Which is a 45 minute drive... I'd love to meet you for some coffee between flights before you rush off :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would have LOVED that, but my flight's straight through to Orlando unfortunately. I do have my heart set on getting to Dragon Con one year, though, so definitely then! :)

      Delete
  2. I am intrigued by your contest!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The details will be coming up soon :)

      Delete

Commenting is for winners.