Thursday, 27 September 2012

Mini Pitch Workshop: send us your pitch!


There are just over 2 weeks 'til the Hook, Line & Sinker (#HLandS) contest opens to submissions, and we're giving you a chance to get your pitch polished right here before it all starts!


Summer Heacock (our beloved @Fizzygrrl) will be co-critiquing with me, and the pitches will also be open to constructive comments all next week when I post them on this blog. To get yours whipped into shape by Fizzy and I, we'll need to receive it by 1pm (EDT) this Sunday.

Pitches should be no more than 60 words, and you can email them to katelliswrites (at) gmail (dot) com if you'd like yours critiqued. Please also let us know your genre.

N.B. If you get your pitch critiqued by me or Summer and you enter Hook, Line & Sinker, we will pass your entry to our secret guest judge to decide whether it goes to the next round. Also, there is no requirement for anyone who gets their pitch critiqued to enter the contest, but we hope you will!

Any comments or questions? That's what the box is for ;)

7 comments:

  1. Ladies! What is the twitter hashtag you are using? Want to promo this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ellie! The hashtag we're using is #HLandS (Hook, Line and Sinker).

      Delete
  2. Super wonderful girlies! I'm getting in on this and sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! Is this workshop still open?
    Thanks, Talynn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, Talynn, it closed to new submissions on Sunday.

      The 16 posted on this site are still open to crit/comments though - perhaps if you post feedback on one or more that you like, you could ask if they'd be willing to check yours out?

      Delete
    2. Will do! But I don't have mine posted. I wished I had seen this earlier:( Anyway, I'll hop thru them and leave my advice:)

      Delete

Commenting is for winners.