Monday, 27 August 2012

TMI Monday - Fairgrounds, Trunked Novels and Tom Hardy


Happy Monday, folks. After last week's tangent, TMI Monday returns with 6 random things from my brainpot. This week's rambling journey begins at the fairground...


  1. Today is a bank holiday in the UK, and this particular bank holiday weekend marks the 11th anniversary of my first date with E. The town we live in used to have a fairground (it has now been shut down) which features in one of my manuscripts - HELLFIRE. This fairground was where E took me on our first date. He had only returned that morning from a guys' weekend in Amsterdam, so turned a lovely shade of green as we got spun faster and faster on the waltzers, but still asked if I wanted to go on a rollercoaster afterwards. I think it's a measure of his gentlemanliness that he put my enjoyment of the date above his own desire to sit on the ground and spit. I didn't make him go on the rollercoaster, but the gesture earned him a second date. 
  2. I reached 500 followers on twitter this week, so I'll be holding a Hunger Games-style giveaway right here in a few days. Just need to pick the books I'll be giving away from my TBR pile... watch this blog for more details on Wednesday.
  3. I've taken this week off work to get to grips with TRANSPARENCIES (I know - decadent, right??) Because it's such a big gear-shift from working on PURGE revisions, this first draft has been going a little slowly for my liking. So if I'm twitter-absent this week, that's why. I'm aiming to hit 40k by the end of my time off. EEP!
  4. I'll be taking time out one night this week to go and watch the film Lawless. It's a western about bootleggers set in Depression-era Franklin County, and the fact that Tom Hardy's in it... well, I can't very well not watch it now, can I? You can watch the trailer here if you're curious, or just take my word for it that it looks awesome. I expect some badly written western-type scenes to be written into TRANS after I've watched this.
  5. Work continues on my Writing Room. I really wanted to decorate it to look like The Lower India Bedroom at Penrhyn Castle, but haven't been able to find anything remotely close to the wallpaper. Suggestions appreciated!
  6. I spent way too much time adding to the TRANSPARENCIES playlist last week instead of actually writing. Here's another fruit of that particular labour. (Mam - if you're reading, you'll like this one too.)

7 comments:

  1. Newly following.Congrats on the 500 twitter followers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, VikLit, and thanks for following my blog! :)

      Delete
  2. 40k. I'm in awe just at the thought of you hitting that. Good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I'm aiming for 40k... And yes, TWSS ;)

      Delete
  3. Liking your new look and congrats on the 500 followers.

    ReplyDelete

Commenting is for winners.