Happy Monday, folks. After last week's tangent, TMI Monday returns with 6 random things from my brainpot. This week's rambling journey begins at the fairground...
- Today is a bank holiday in the UK, and this particular bank holiday weekend marks the 11th anniversary of my first date with E. The town we live in used to have a fairground (it has now been shut down) which features in one of my manuscripts - HELLFIRE. This fairground was where E took me on our first date. He had only returned that morning from a guys' weekend in Amsterdam, so turned a lovely shade of green as we got spun faster and faster on the waltzers, but still asked if I wanted to go on a rollercoaster afterwards. I think it's a measure of his gentlemanliness that he put my enjoyment of the date above his own desire to sit on the ground and spit. I didn't make him go on the rollercoaster, but the gesture earned him a second date.
- I reached 500 followers on twitter this week, so I'll be holding a Hunger Games-style giveaway right here in a few days. Just need to pick the books I'll be giving away from my TBR pile... watch this blog for more details on Wednesday.
- I've taken this week off work to get to grips with TRANSPARENCIES (I know - decadent, right??) Because it's such a big gear-shift from working on PURGE revisions, this first draft has been going a little slowly for my liking. So if I'm twitter-absent this week, that's why. I'm aiming to hit 40k by the end of my time off. EEP!
- I'll be taking time out one night this week to go and watch the film Lawless. It's a western about bootleggers set in Depression-era Franklin County, and the fact that Tom Hardy's in it... well, I can't very well not watch it now, can I? You can watch the trailer here if you're curious, or just take my word for it that it looks awesome. I expect some badly written western-type scenes to be written into TRANS after I've watched this.
- Work continues on my Writing Room. I really wanted to decorate it to look like The Lower India Bedroom at Penrhyn Castle, but haven't been able to find anything remotely close to the wallpaper. Suggestions appreciated!
- I spent way too much time adding to the TRANSPARENCIES playlist last week instead of actually writing. Here's another fruit of that particular labour. (Mam - if you're reading, you'll like this one too.)