Monday, 25 June 2012

TMI Monday

This is more a list of all the shiz that's been floating through my head this week than a proper post, so please don't expect there to be a point to this - it's just TMI Monday. Here are 6 random things you probably could have lived without knowing:

  1. The guy in the office at work has been trying to trap an assortment of spiders and flies to feed his new venus fly trap. I feel a bit skeeved about this. I've still been helping.
  2. I've been betaing a fair bit recently, and I'm seeing some amazing-calibre writing in my CP group. Makes me feel quite excited to be a part of it, not least because I see the agents picking them off like snipers. Also, I'm quite sure they'd kick me out if my own writing was shizpants, so there's that.
  3. My sister texted me from work earlier this week to let me know that she had a stomach bug and... well, my sister has a certain flair for detail. Let's just say that in the text-convo the word 'brownspeed' was used to describe her drive home from work.
  4. I have to buy an Amy Winehouse wig. Don't ask.
  5. Husbo was watching a documentary about wildlife and stuff on the Bayou last night. There was home video footage of these 2 gators coming out of the water towards a cat (yeah, just a normal housecat) and that gnarly little bugger totally stood his ground. I know, I was thinking the same thing: "Poor kitty's gonna DIE!" But then the cat swatted at the gators and was all hissin' and shiz, and those gators backed the frick up! Slinked off back into the water, having been whupped by a kitty. Kinda made my day.
  6. Also, because it's been in my head on and off all week, one of my favourite songs of all time.

1 comment:

  1. Great Kat the Insect Hunter!

    *slips into British accent* You see, alligators much like their cousin the crocodile are ambush predators. Once you know where they are, they pretty much give up unless they're not hunting for food. Protecting a nest or territory, though, and they'll run you down.

    When I was a kid I wanted to be a zoologist but much like reading/writing, school beat that dream out of me.

    ReplyDelete

Commenting is for winners.