Monday, 30 April 2012

Little Victories

Well, folks, I got a little bit of good news today. It's been a while, which is why I'm whooping it up.

I got an honourable mention in the Chapter One Promotions international short story competition!

You can check out the results here (y'know - to make sure I'm not lying and shiz).

This came as a real surprise as I haven't been writing short stories long (this story - Underground - is only the second one I've written since I was in school), and the competition was pretty fierce. So yeah - I'ma take my victory lap, thank you very much!

But getting some good news made me realise I've been a bit of a grouch lately, and that's because I've been stuck in a Waiting Slump. Waiting for query responses, waiting for feedback on submissions, waiting for frickin' inspiration for the new WIP. And THIS - this little victory - is exactly what I needed to get me out of my rut. It just shows how easy it can be to let your enthusiasm slide when you're not getting the positive reinforcement that, let's face it, all writers want.

So, no more grouchy Kat. From now on, I'm all about the win. And shadow boxing to Eye of the Tiger.

Risin' up, back on the street
Did my time, took my chances...

Yeah.

1 comment:

  1. Hang in there, Kat! Hey, you didn't mention you got an Honorable!! Doesn't surprise me a bit though~ :))

    ReplyDelete

Commenting is for winners.