So I find myself wondering how I've managed to get it done so quickly - and the answer is that I have, it seems, found my editing groove.
|The Editing Specs. |
Some serious shiz right there.
Mine is... put the bloody thing away for 2 years, then hatchet-edit the whole MS before going back to do smooth edits. That's it. And it's taken me 2 years and about a week to do this (including shoved-in-a-drawer time). As painful as it is to admit, that time spent away from my WIP was exactly what I needed to figure out what I really wanted to do with the story, and helped me gain enough perspective to see what worked and what didn't.
So this WIP is now going out to the betas, then I'll probably be doing a little fixin' based on their comments. THEN it'll be query time, folks!